Tokyo Gaijins Futsal Club
Tokyo Gaijins organizes pick-up futsal games regularly on weekends and some week nights.
We play 5 on 5 (including the goalie) pick-up futsal games at Aquafield Shibakoen and/or at Shibaura Chuokoen Sports Field, both outdoor courts with artificial turf. We have over 1,000 members/subscribers on our mailing list. 80% of the players are foreigners from all over the globe and about 20% are Japanese. An average of around 12~18 players participate every session including 1~2 female players. Reasonable skill level is a MUST!
Come play futsal with us!
How to join
- Fill-out the membership form.
- Join the mailing list/s right after confirmation of your membership.
- Read the membership, rules and guidelines carefully.
- Futsal schedule will be sent by email.
- Read/follow the instructions on the email carefully.
- Schedule will be sent by email every Monday or Tuesday (if we be able to book a court)!
- Print the venue map.
- Show up on the day.
- Pay the fee to the person in-charge before the game, play and have fun.
Rules and guidelines
- Kids are strictly prohibited.
- Make sure you bring proper futsal shoes or trainers. Soccer cleats/studs are not allowed.
- Smoking, eating and drinking alcoholic beverage are prohibited.
- No fighting or use of abusive words towards other players, and unnacceptable behaviours.
- The organizer and the person in-charge of the game reserves the right to cancel or reject your membership at anytime if you violate these guidelines.
- The fee is 1,000yen/person and it is collected on the court by the person in-charge before the start of the session.
- We don't charge any membership or cancellation fee but there's a rare case that the session will be overcrowded of players, resulting to limited amount of playing time, and we still charge you the same amount.
- The amount collected goes to pay for the court rent, team registration, transportation allowance, services rendered by the organizer, the person in-charge of the game, the person that books the court and other miscellaneous expenses.
- Please be aware that we are PROVIDING SERVICE not doing business.
- We discourage everyone from playing with us if paying 1,000yen playing fee is an issue.
Playing time guidelines
- Maximum of 10 players for a one hour session and 20 players for a 2 hour session.
- Average time per game is set at 8 minutes.
- Rotation to play goalie is every other goal of whichever team.
- Everyone play the same amount of time (in theory).
- The person in-charge of the session is totally in control of the substitution of players.
- "King of the court" rule doesn't apply. However, winning team are always prioritized on every substitution.
- Take note that these schedules may change so please subscribe to the volleyball mailing list to get the official schedule by email, to be sent by the organizer.