Our website has this Tokyo Gaijins organizes casual tennis sessions for various level tennis players on weekends and some week nights at Shibaura Chuokoen Sports Field, an outdoor synthetic grass court in Minato-ku area. DO NOT GO TO SHIBAURA CHUOKOEN. DO GO TO SHIBAURA CHUOKOEN SPORTS FIELD. THEY ARE NEAR EACH OTHER BUT BIG DETOUR MAKES THEM 5 MINUTES APART. We have sessions for two separate levels, "Upper-intermediate to advanced level" and "Beginner to lower-intermediate level". About 70% of the members are foreigners from all over the globe and about 30% are Japanese. We normally play doubles but sometimes singles too depend on the no. of players that will show up.
Come play tennis with us!
Casual tennis pickup session
- Fill-out the membership form.
- Join the mailing list/s right after confirmation of your membership.
- Read the membership, rules and guidelines carefully.
- Check upcoming schedule (may subject to change).
- Sign up for a tennis session by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and cellphone no..
- Wait for an email confirmation.
- Show up in your tennis attire with your racket.
- Pay the fee to the person in-charge before the game.
- Play and have fun!
Casual pickup tennis sessions for different levels
- We reserve the rights to decline you from joining our tennis sessions if your skill does not fit the designated level so not to affect everyone and the dynamics of the game. Please make sure you understand this very important rule before coming!
- DO NOT GO TO SHIBAURA CHUOKOEN. DO GO TO SHIBAURA CHUOKOEN SPORTS FIELD. THEY ARE NEAR EACH OTHER BUT BIG DETOUR MAKES THEM 5 MINUTES APART.
- The fee is 3,500yen/person (for sessions starting 4 p.m. or later from December to March) and 3,000yen/person (sessions other times) each session, and its collected on the court by the person in-charge before the start of the session. The amount collected goes to pay for the court rent, team registration, tennis balls, transportation allowance, services rendered by the organizer, the person in-charge of the game, the person that books the court, and other miscellaneous expenses.
- Tennis balls are provided.
- We can rent you a racket for 500yen if you don't have one.
- Maximum of 6 players each session. (Maximum 4 for sessions starting 4 p.m. or later from December to March)
- RSVP by email is strictly required.
- Make sure to get a confirmation email.
- If you are confirmed to play but want to cancel, you must do so before 8pm the day before the session to avoid paying a 100% cancellation fee.
- You can also sign-up even on the day if there's still spot available.
- The session will be cancelled "WITH NOTICE" an hour before the game (or earlier) if its raining.
- You must provide your cellphone so we can contact you in case we cancel the session.
- No phone call means that the game is ON.
- If you're not sure about your tennis skill level, please come and watch first.
- Smoking, eating and drinking alcoholic beverage are prohibited.
- No fighting or use of abusive words towards other players and unacceptable behaviors.
- The organizer and the person in-charge of the game reserves the right to cancel or reject your membership at anytime if you violate these guidelines.