Explore Chiba's hidden gems! :)
This trip features:
- Nihonji Temple; a Soto Zen Buddhist temple which was commissioned about 1,300 years ago, making it one of the oldest places of worship in the Kanto Region. It is also home of the giant stone carved Buddha, Jigoku Nozoki, Hyaku-Shaku Kannon and 1,500 statues of Buddhist disciples.
- Yoro Keikoku Valley; one of Chiba's best-kept outdoor secrets and mecca for hikers and nature lovers.
- Awamata No Taki; Chiba's biggest waterfall where its water cascades down a fascinating collection of stair-like rocks from a height of 30 meters.
- Shusse Kannon Bridge and Temple; built during the 12th century that ancient Japanese military commanders prayed at for success in battle.
- Black Hot Springs: just near Yoro Keikoku Valley, there are Japanese-style ryokans with with unique black hot springs (or kuroyu). The surprisingly dark color of the hot spring is caused by organic plant material in the soil.
- Koyo; gorgeous red and yellow autumn leaves in full bloom.
Come join the fun and adventure!