Come join us for an all day picnic while enjoying live music, gourmet food, and wine (or sparkling grape juice) from one of Japan's premiere wineries!
This fundraising event is extremely popular in Japan, which draws in chefs from the Kanto area, raises money for Autism, and has some of Japan's biggest musicians (The Lark Quintet, Iwao Furusawa, and Akira Sakata's Jazz Group) performing live all day on two stages.
During this all day event, you can shop in Coco Farm and Winery's gift shop, tour the winery, try many types of food including paella, tacos, roast beef, charcoal-grilled lamb, fried chicken, a selection of cheese, and much, much more, or bring your own picnic lunch and relax all day. This event is a rare opportunity to see one of the few wineries in Japan in a beautiful location, while raising money for a good cause, and a great chance to meet a lot of people and make new friends.
As this event is extremely popular and gets very crowded, getting a good picnic spot is difficult so we're leaving Tokyo early to get a descent picnic spot.
Believe it or not?! This trip is a lot of fun regardless of the weather. You just have to be with the right group and the right people!
We'll stop by for dinner and/or onsen on the way back to Tokyo to finish this fun day!
Picnic under the vineyard
- Meet in Shinjuku at 7:15am
- Get on the bus
- Catch up on your sleep, or chat with other members and get excited
- Stop for breakfast on the way
- Arrive at the Coco Farm and Winery parking area around 9:30am
- Short walk to the fairgrounds
- Get your harvest kit (bottle of wine, wine glass, food, and wine opener)
- Find a good picnic spot
- Enjoy the wine, food, and live music until 3:45pm
- Get on the bus at 4pm
- Stop for dinner/onsen on the way (5pm-6:30)
- Arrive in Roppongi around 8:30pm
- Have some drinks with some people you've met on the trip (Optional)
Good wine selection and great food
- Private bus transportation (Shinjuku-Ashikaga-Roppongi)
- Entrance fee to the fairgrounds
- Harvest kit
- Fun (English/Japanese speaking) tour guide
- Travel insurance
- 8% consumption tax
- Reserved picnic spot (500yen/person)
- Onsen (1,200yen) *Includes entry fee and towels
- Birthday on Nov 18 (3,000yen)
Space left: 13 out of 45
Jazz bands and live music all day
- Itinerary may vary due to the weather, traffic conditions, and other unavoidable circumstances.
- You MUST have your own insurance (health, social, company, etc.) to be able join.
- This event is "ON" rain or shine!
- Each Harvest kit contains the following: A harvest festival commemorative wine glass, a glass folder, a festival member’s badge, and an exchange ticket.
- The ticket can be exchanged for one of the following: Carafe (750ml) of this year’s freshly-made wine, a bottle of red wine (750ml) with a corkscrew and a camembert cheese, a bottle of white wine (750ml) with a corkscrew and a garlic toast, or a bottle of sparkling grape juice (750ml) with a bottle stopper and an assortment of sweets.
- This is an extremely popular fundraising event in Japan that raises money for autism.
- Some of Japan's biggest musicians (The Lark Quintet, Iwao Furusawa, and Akira Sakata's Jazz Group) will be performing live all day on two stages
- Good food and drinks are sold on site.
- We'll stop by for dinner and/or onsen on the way back to Tokyo.
- Final details will be sent to the participants by email two days before the event.