Jogasaki Scenic Coast and Kawazu Seven Waterfalls Trekking Trip
2017 September 10 (Sunday)
Izu Kogen/Kawazu, Shizuoka
Spend the day trekking along the spectacular Jogasaki coastline of the Izu Peninsula and the famous seven waterfalls of Kawazu!
This trip features;
- Stunning and dramatic Izu/Jogasaki coastline
- Beautiful views of jagged cliffs and stone formations hugging the coastline
- Kadowakizaki Suspension Bridge (23m long and 48m high)
- A small lighthouse where on a clear day you can see all the way to Oshima
- Dip in the sea and rock/cliff jumping (if time permits)
- Easy walking trail to see the famous seven waterfalls of Kawazu.
- Amagisou Spa's outdoor onsen right on the bank of the river and next to a beautiful tall waterfall
- Chance to meet a fun group of outdoor people
Amazing day to enjoy nature exploring dramatic coastline and beautiful waterfalls!
Jogasaki Scenic Coastal Trek
- Meet in Shinjuku at 6:30am
- Get on the bus
- Catch up on your sleep, or chat with other members and get excited
- Short stop for breakfast on the way
- Arrive at the start of the Jogasaki Coastal trek around 9:30am
- Short hike to the lighthouse and Kadowakizaki Suspension Bridge
- Short picnic lunch (bring your own)
- Get on the bus around 12pm
- Arrive at Kawazu area around 1pm
- Kawazu seven waterfalls trekking and/or enjoy the outdoor onsen at Amagisou spa (1pm-4)
- Get on the bus
- Short stop for food on the way
- Arrive back in Shinjuku around 7:30pm
Outdoor onsen next to a big waterfall
- Itinerary may vary due to the weather, traffic conditions, and other unavoidable circumstances.
- You MUST have your own insurance (health, social, company, etc.) to be able join.
- Reasonable fitness required.
- The Jogasaki coastline trek is about 6km long but it's an easy walk and very scenic. Totally worth the sweat!
- The Kawazu trekking trail is easy and mostly flat. Just some short ladders here and there.
- Buddy system will be applied during the trek. We will find you a buddy if you're joining on your own so no worries.
- Swimming will be dependent on time and water conditions.
- Amagisou Spa's outdoor onsen (rotenburo) is mixed. Swim attire are strictly required!
- Amagisou Spa not only has a lot of cool onsens, it also has a 25m heated onsen pool in case you are up for some swimming. You will have a rare chance to try cave and drum onsens.
- The event is ON rain or shine! We will spend more time in the onsen in case of bad weather.
- Final details will be sent to the participants by email two days before the event.