Jogasaki Scenic Coast and Kawazu Seven Waterfalls Trekking Trip
2017 September 10 (Sunday)
Izu Kogen/Kawazu, Shizuoka
Spend the day trekking along the spectacular Jogasaki coastline of the Izu Peninsula and the famous seven waterfalls of Kawazu!
This trip features;
- Stunning and dramatic Izu/Jogasaki coastline
- Beautiful views of jagged cliffs and stone formations hugging the coastline
- Kadowakizaki Suspension Bridge (23m long and 48m high)
- Lighthouse where on a clear day you can see all the way to Oshima
- Izu Shiki Flower Park
- The famous 7 waterfalls of Kawazu
- Amagisou Spa's outdoor onsen right on the bank of the river and next to Odaki; the beautiful and biggest amongst the 7 waterfalls
Amazing day to enjoy nature exploring dramatic coastline and beautiful waterfalls!
Jogasaki Scenic Coastal Trek
- Meet in Shinjuku at 6:30am
- Get on the bus
- Catch up on your sleep, or chat with other members and get excited
- Short stop for breakfast on the way
- Arrive at the start of the Jogasaki Coastal trek around 9:30am
- Short trek to the Kadowakizaki Suspension Bridge and lighthouse
- Continue trekking all the way to Izu Shiki Flower Park
- Visit the Izu Shiki Flower Park (Optional | Entry fee: ¥500)
- Get on the bus at 12pm
- Arrive at Kawazu nanadaru around 1pm
- Have lunch (bring your own or eat at one of the restaurants)
- Kawazu seven waterfalls trekking and/or enjoy the outdoor onsen at Amagisou spa
- Get on the bus at 4pm
- Short stop for food on the way
- Arrive back in Shinjuku around 7:30pm
Outdoor onsen next to a big waterfall
- Itinerary may vary due to the weather, traffic conditions, and other unavoidable circumstances.
- Trek is easy level and short so all fitness level ok.
- The Jogasaki coastline trek is a short up and down trail (about 2km). Very scenic so totally worth the sweat!
- The Kawazu trekking trail is easy and mostly flat. Just some short ladders here and there.
- Amagisou Spa's outdoor onsen (rotenburo) is mixed. Swim attire is strictly required!
- Amagisou Spa not only has a lot of cool onsens, you will also have a rare chance to try cave and drum onsens.
- The event is ON rain or shine! We will spend more time in the onsen in case of bad weather.
- Final details will be sent to the participants by email two days before the event.