Explore the spectacular Kamikochi and the Tateyama Kurobe Alpine Route!
This Trip Features;
- TAISHO POND was formed in 1915, when an eruption of the nearby volcano Yakedake dammed Azusa River. Decayed trees, standing in the pond, provide a special sight.
- KAPPA BRIDGE is a suspension bridge over Azusa River in the center of Kamikochi. The surrounding mountains covered in snow in the background together with this bridge makes a picture perfect moment.
- TASHIRO POND is a small pond surrounded by marshland and one of Kamikochi's most scenic spots. It is located along the hiking trail that connects the Kappabashi with Taisho Pond.
- AZUSA RIVER offers stunning mountain sceneries while walking along the nature trail. The river's crystal clear water is so inviting for a dip/swim.
- SNOW CORRIDOR is a 500m wall of snow created by clearing snow from the road near Murodo. The wall is sometimes higher than 20m and is a popular tourist spot where visitors can walk along and enjoy the snowy white world. Seeing the wall of snow close up and personal is an unbelievably powerful experience. You've got to come here and experience to fully understand the unique sensations felt on this walk.
- MIKURIGAIKE is a volcanic lake located at an altitude of 2,405m with its surroundings covered in snow until June. Its beautiful deep blue water reflects Mt. Tateyama making it one of the magnificent sights to see. Covering 30,000 square metres and with a circumference of 631m, this is the largest lake in Murodo.
- KUROBE DAM is Japan's largest arch dam built and completed in 1963. With a height of 186m, it remains the tallest dam in Japan. An observation deck provides a grand view of the great nature of the Northern Alps.
Join us for this absolutely amazing trip for all ages!