A popular temple, wild but cute snow monkeys and a crazy local winter festival that surely you don't wanna miss!
This Trip Features;
- Zenkoji Temple - arguably Nagano's premier attraction. The temple is a National Treasure and one of Japan's most important pilgrimage sites. Go underground in search of the gateway to paradise and take your time to wander the temple's long entranceway.
- Dosojin Fire Festival - one of the craziest festivals in Japan.
- Try all the 13 free public onsens in Nozawa Onsen - a unique cultural experience. You can also bathe in the nice paid onsens (Sparena and Furusatonoyu).
- Free sake (Japanese wine) offered by some shops near the venue of the festival.
- Group party at one of the local bars after the festival.
- Chance to ski/snowboard until 12:30pm the next day.
- Snow Monkeys - see the wild but cute Japanese macaques enjoying the hot spring at Jigokudani (Hell's Valley) Monkey Park. Really photogenic when the place is all covered in snow.
Come join the fun and adventure!