Come let's watch Japan's national sport!
The Japanese consider sumo a modern Japanese martial art, though the sport has a history spanning many centuries...
Let's watch the annual Grand Sumo Tournament. This tournament is performed outside of the normal league, but exciting and fascinating all the same! They will decide the strongest man from the participants of January league, but all in one day! Before the tournament starts, the wrestlers "lecture" young children how to play Sumo. They also demonstrate all the winning (and banned) technics in a very comical way ;)
A truly Japanese cultural experience!
Sumo video by National Geographic
- Event details may vary due to unforeseen circumstances.
- Tickets will be distributed on the day at the meeting spot.
- Seat available is only shared box (of 4) seats. Perfect for a group of 4 (7,800yen/person). You will have a better and closer view of the sumo wrestlers ;)
- 2nd floor arena Section B (4,000yen) tickets are SOLD OUT.
- Organization and participation fee are added in the price of the ticket.
- Group reservation and payment are okay.
- There will be Sumo special food Chanko and drinks for sale in the stadium.
- Oedo Ryogoku station is a 5min walk to the JR Ryogoku station (the meeting spot); in case you want to take the Oedo line.
- We'll grab some food and drinks at a local Izakaya with some people you've met after the tournament (Optional).
- Final details will be sent to the participants by email two days before the event.