An awesome day of hiking up to one of Japan's 100 greatest mountains; regarded by many hikers as one of the best day hikes during the Fall Season!
See this breath-taking mountain and the surrounding beautiful scenery as autumn turns the leaves into gorgeous yellow and red colors.
Relax in an outdoor onsen widely considered as the No. 1 rotemburo in Japan to finish the day!
Breathtaking mountain scenery
- Meet in Shinjuku at 6:30am
- Get on the bus
- Catch up on your sleep, or chat with other members and get excited
- Short stop for breakfast on the way
- Arrive at Doaiguchi ropeway station around 9:15am
- Get on the Tanigawadake ropeway up to Tenjindaira station
- Orientation/safety briefing/group photo/stretching
- Start the hike at 10am
- Arrive at the peak of Tanigawadake peak around 12:30pm
- Short picnic lunch
- Hike to Tomanomimi (15mins)
- Hike to Okinomimi (15mins)
- Hike back down to Tenjindaira station
- Get on the ropeway back to Doaiguchi station
- Get on the bus at 3pm
- Arrive at Takaragawa onsen around 3:30pm
- Relax in the onsen
- Get on the bus at 5pm
- Short stop for food on the way
- Arrive back in Shinjuku around 8:30pm
- Have some drinks with some people you've met on the trip (Optional)
Red and yellow autumn leaves
- Itinerary may vary due to the weather, traffic conditions, and other unavoidable circumstances.
- You MUST have your own insurance (health, social, company, etc.) to be able join.
- This event is ON rain or shine! In case of bad weather and we're unable to do the hike due to safety reasons, we will do some sightseeing, or go to a winery, and/or spend more time in the onsen.
- The views of Machigasawa and Ichinokura from Okinomimi are spectacular.
- Hike is intermediate level (8kms, 656m vertical).
- Hiking experience necessary!
- Reasonable fitness required.
- Buddy system will be applied. You and your partner should look out for each other throughout the hike.
- Don't worry if you are joining alone, we will find you a buddy on the day.
- Only bring the stuff you need for the hike, the lighter the backpack, the better.
- You can leave some of your things (e.g. spare clothes) on the bus.
- Takaragawa onsen is widely considered as the No. 1 outdoor onsen in Japan. It's a mixed outdoor onsen and swimsuits are not allowed. However, it has a separate outdoor bath for females only and it also has a separate indoor onsen for shy people.
- Towels available for rent at the onsen.
- Final details will be sent to the participants by email two days before the event.