Explore the beautiful region of Okutama from the saddle of a mountain (or cross) bike!
Spend the day biking and trekking while visiting gorgeous waterfalls, picturesque lakes and stunning mountain scenery and the beautiful and colorful autumn leaves (koyo).
Picnic lunch next to a beautiful waterfall and (optional) visit to the local onsen to finish the day.
A nice small group outdoor trip!
Group picture by the big waterfall
- Itinerary may vary due to the weather, traffic conditions, and other unavoidable circumstances.
- You MUST have your own insurance (health, social, company, etc.) to be able join.
- We'll be taking the Holiday Rapid Okutama train departing at 7:44am on Paltform No. 11 from JR Shinjuku station. Make sure you arrive early and wait in-front of Car No. 1 to be able to get a seat. Otherwise, you will be standing the entire train ride.
- Meeting the group at Okutama station is totally fine. Just make sure you'll be there before 9:15am.
- The trek is short and easy.
- The bike trip is about 25 kilometers with some hills here and there so more than reasonable fitness necessary to join. We'll have a lot of time (about 6.5 hours) to cover the distance so don't worry if you are not super fit.
- Final details will be sent to the participants by email two days before the event.