Tokyo Gaijins organizes regular volleyball pick-up sessions at Minato-ku Labor and Welfare Hall and/or Minato-ku Sports Center, two nice indoor courts located in the heart of Tokyo. There is a total of around 900 members/subscribers on our volleyball mailing list. About 75% of the members are foreigners and 25% are Japanese. There are more female than male players in this club. We play six on six under regular rules. An average of around 18-24 players participate on every sessions. Male/female, all nationalities and levels are welcome! Basically, we are playing for laughs, some good workout while meeting a lot of people, and making new friends.
We also organizes beach volleyball session/trip on nearby beaches during the summer!
Come play volleyball with us!
Playing for fun and some exercise
- We reserve the rights to decline you from joining the "Advance Level Only" session if your skill is below the level required so not to affect everyone and the dynamics of the game. Please make sure you understand this very important rule before joining the "Advance Level Only" session!
*What is 'Advanced Level'? It means you're 'GOOD' at playing volleyball and don't make too many errors. Most importantly, you don't make the game slow for everyone.
- The maximum no. of players allowed to play on each sessions are strictly implemented.
- Kids are strictly prohibited.
- Shoes that you use to walk outside are not allowed. Indoor sneakers only.
- Smoking, eating and drinking alcoholic beverage are prohibited.
- No fighting or use of abusive words towards other players, and unnacceptable behaviours.
- The organizer and the person in-charge of the game reserves the right to cancel or reject your membership at anytime if you violate these guidelines.
Beach volleyball during the summer
- The fee is 1,500yen/session/player and it is collected on the court by the person in-charge before the start of the session.
- We don't charge any membership or cancellation fee but there's a very often case that the session will be overcrowded of players, resulting to limited amount of playing time, and we still charge you the same amount.
- The amount collected goes to pay for the court rent, team registration, non-refundable venue bond of 450,000yen (club money), transportation allowance, services rendered by the organizer, the person in-charge of the game, the person that books the court, and other miscellaneous expenses.
- Please be aware that we are PROVIDING SERVICE not doing business.
- We know that paying 1,500yen/session is a bit expensive just to play volleyball, but this is the only way we can keep the club running.
- We discourage you from playing with us if you have an issue paying the 1,500yen fee.
- Take note that these schedules may change so please subscribe to the volleyball mailing list to get the official schedule by email, to be sent by the organizer.