Wise men says "One who never climbs Mt. Fuji is a fool and one who climb it again is more than a fool".
See the breath-taking sunrise, meet a lot of people and make new friends while scaling Japan's highest and most famous mountain!
Come join the camarederie and adventure!
Climb Japan's highest mountain
Saturday (Sep 5)
- Meet in Shinjuku at 1pm
- Get on the bus
- Stop for some food on the way
- Arrive at Kawaguchiko 4th station around 4pm
- Distribution of supplies/gear check/acclimatize
- Arrive at Kawaguchiko 5th station around 5pm
- Final gear check
- Warm up hike up to the Safety Guidance Center at 5:30pm
- Safety briefing/pairing/acclimatize/stretching/group photo (the "before" photo)
- Start the overnight hike at 6:30pm
- Arrive at the 7th station around 9:30pm
- Arrive at the 8th station around 11:30pm
Sunday (Sep 6)
- Arrive at the 9th station around 1:30am
- Arrive at the summit around 4am
- Have breakfast at one of the huts
- See the sunrise around 5am (if weather permits)
- 2hrs crater walk (optional)
- Start the descend at 5:30am
- Arrive back at Kawaguchiko 5th station around 10am
- Have lunch (not provided)
- Rest/sleep on the bus
- Bus departs at 11am
- Arrive back in Shinjuku around 4pm
See the breathtaking sunrise
- Private bus transportation (round-trip)
- Oxygen canister
- Energy drink and snacks
- Accident insurance
- Experienced hike guides
- 8% consumption tax
- Chance to meet a lot of people and make new friends
- Headlights rental with spare batteries (600yen)
- Emergency blanket (800yen)
- Climbing fee (1,000yen) *Voluntary
- Backpack with rain cover (3500)
- Hiking shoes (3900)
- Hiking poles (2300)
- Headlamp (1200)
- Gaiters (700)
- Gore-Tex rain jacket and pants (3500)
- Down jacket (2800)
- Hat (1200)
- Trekking gloves (700)
- Sunglasses (1000)
- Full set rental (backpack with rain cover, Gore-Tex rain jacket and pants, down jacket, hiking boots, hiking sticks, gaiters, and headlamp) (13,000)
- Set rental (backpack, Gore-Tex rain jacket and pants, hiking boots, hiking sticks, gaiters, and headlamp) (11300)
- Birthday on September 5-6 (3,000yen)
Space left: 0 out of 0
"Extreme Ironing" at the summit
- Itinerary may vary due to the weather, traffic conditions, and other unavoidable circumstances.
- This event is ON rain or shine!
- You MUST have your own insurance (health, social, company, etc.) to be able join.
- Climbers of Mt. Fuji are asked to contribute 1,000 yen each at collection stations at each trailhead. The money will be used to cover some of the expenditures arising from the huge number of climbers that visit the mountain each summer, especially regarding the protection of the environment and safety of the climbers.
- Mt. Fuji is 3,776m above sea level while Kawaguchiko-gogome is 2,305m (more than 1,500m vertical ascent).
- We will use the Kawaguchiko/Fujiyoshida hike trail for both ascending and descending way.
- The weather up there will be very cold even in the summer, around 0~5°C minus wind factor so be well prepared.
- Our goal is to reach the summit between 3~4am to avoid getting stuck in a ridiculous pilgrimage.
- You'll be exposed in a strong wind for an hour at the summit before they open the huts so make sure to bring extra layers.
- There's a chance you might stay in a mountain hut for shelter (rest/sleep) in case of bad weather or if you're suffering from altitute sickness. If this occasion arises, the participant must cover the mountain hut fee.
- We reserve the rights to refuse participants without proper hiking attire.
- Persons with heart ailment and/or serious knee problems are not allowed to participate.
- Reasonable fitness required!
- Hiking experience not necessary but an advantage.
- Oxygen (canister) is highly recommended as it helps prevent altitude sickness.
- "Buddy" system will be strictly applied.
- You and your partner should look out for each other throughout the hike.
- Only bring the stuff you need for the hike, the lighter the backpack, the better.
- You can leave some of your stuff (e.g. spare clothes) in the lockers at the 5th station.
- You can buy food and drinks on the trail but it will be very expensive.
- The average hike takes about 5~7 hours (standard for fairly fit people) but we will do it at a slow pace, around 9~11 hours, to avoid the risk of people getting sick (worse case, collapsing) due to thin air. This way, even people without any hiking experience have a great chance of making it to the summit, and it should also take out some of the sting from continuous hiking.
- If your only goal is to reach the summit, arriving at 6am will be just fine.
- You can hike around the crater (about 2 hours), go to the post office (at the summit) and send some postcards to love ones from top of Japan (weather permitting).
- The views at different sides of Mt. Fuji are spectacular!
- Hiking stick for sale at the 5th station (1,000yen or 1,500yen w/ flag).
- Stick stamps available at every stations for 200~300yen.
- Final details will be sent to the participants two days before the event.