Niijima Island's annual open water swim race is July 09. This is a scenic race on a beautiful island. Great for beginners to advanced open water swimmers, triathletes, and ironmen, on a sheltered racecourse with different distances to challenge yourself: 1.5km, 3km, and 4.5km.
Supporters are welcome to join too.
Entries are open https://entry.mspo.jp/entry/common/event.php?evcode=NW16 (If you need help let us know)
This trip features:
- A scenic open water swim race, well organized and suitable for beginners.
- Clear and clean ocean.
- Beautiful sandy beaches.
- Clean campsite with good facilities.
- FREE outdoor Greek styled onsen with ocean view perfect for race recovery.
- Flat quiet roads for those triathletes that want to fit in some extra bike or run training.
- Supporters have good views of whole race course.
- 2:30pm Sunday (July 10), Jet Boat departure to make the most out of your weekend.
- Please sign up early as each race is limited to 100 people per race, and the return ferry gets booked out early.
- The race registration deadline is June 8 (but likely to sellout).
- If you need help registering for this race please contact us.
- We will organize some pre race training swims in Tokyo and Niijima Island.
Another fun filled outdoor/island adventure!