An awesome day of trekking while enjoying gorgeous scenery and the beautiful autumn leaves!
Start the day at 'Ryuzu No Taki', means 'Dragon Head Waterfall' in Japanese. The name comes from the shape of the falls, which resembles the head of a dragon.
The Senjogahara Plateau Nature Trail follows Yukawa river from most of its course between Ryuzu waterfall and Yumoto Onsen, near the shores of Chuzenji lake. The walking trail offers excellent views of the marshland and the surrounding mountains, and takes about 2.5 to 3 hours. Senjogahara marshland is particularly beautiful during the autumn leaves season (Koyo), when the marshland's grasses turn into a reddish yellow and the larch trees into a shiny gold. You can also see the majestic Yudaki waterfall and walk along the very attractive Yunoko lake.
Finished the day soaked in one of the nice higaeri onsens around Yumoto Onsen area!
Gorgeous waterfalls, river and lakes
- Meet at Tobu-Asakusa station central gate at 6:05am
- Get on the 6:20am express train
- Catch up on your sleep, or chat with other members and get excited
- Arrive at Tobu-Nikko station at 8:25am
- Get on the 8:37am local bus to Oku-Nikko
- Arrive at Ryuzu No Taki around 11:00am
- Short sightseeing
- Walk along the Senjogahara Plateau Nature Trail while enjoying the breathtaking scenery of the Senjogahara Marshland
- Short picnic lunch by the gorgeous Yudaki waterfall
- Continue walking towards Yunoko lake
- Enjoy more stunning mountain scenery surrounded by red and yellow autumn leaves while walking around/along Yunoko lake (15mins)
- Finish the trek around 3:15pm at Yumoto Onsen area
- Visit one of the local onsens (not included)
- Get on the local bus at 4:50pm
- Arrive back at Tobu-Nikko station around 6pm
- Get on the 6:30pm train
- Arrive back at Tobu-Asakusa station around 9:10pm
Senjogahara Plateau Nature Trail
- Round-trip train transportation (Asakusa - Nikko - Asakusa)
- Local bus transportation (Nikko - Ryuzu No Taki)
- Local bus transportation (Yumoto Onsen - Nikko)
- Fun and very experienced (English and Japanese speaking) trek guides
- Travel/accident insurance
- 8% consumption tax
- Chance to meet a lot of outdoor people and make new friends
- Birthday on Oct 25 (3,000yen)
Space left: 0 out of 0