Snow Monkeys and Matsumoto Castle Sightseeing Trip
2015 December 23 (Wednesday *National holiday)
Kanbayashi Onsen/Matsumoto, Nagano
A trip for all ages!
An easy 30mins trek to see the wild "but really cute" Japanese snow monkeys enjoying the natural hot spring!
See Matsumoto castle; one of the most beautiful and most visited original castles in Japan.
This is one of the most popular winter trips we offer so don't miss out!
Highly recommend trip for all ages
- Meet in Shinjuku at 7:30am
- Get on the bus
- Catch up on your sleep or chat with other members
- Short stop for breakfast on the way
- Arrive at Matsumoto castle around 10am
- See and explore the beautiful Matsumoto castle
- Get on the bus at 11:15am
- Stop for lunch at Bianti service area on the way (try the famous horse sashimi)
- Arrive in Kanbayashi onsen around 1:30pm
- Trek to Jigokudani monkey park (30mins)
- See the wild Japanese snow monkeys enjoying the natural hot spring
- Trek back to Kanbayashi onsen
- Get on the bus at 4pm
- Short stop for food/snacks on the way
- Arrive back in Shinjuku around 8pm
The beautiful Matsumoto castle
- Itinerary may vary due to the weather, traffic conditions, and other unavoidable circumstances.
- This event is ON rain or shine!
- Snow monkeys is one of the must see and visit tourists spots in Japan.
- Matsumoto castle is the most beautiful and most visited original castles in Japan.
- There might be some snow on the walking trail so waterproof (Gortex) hiking/trekking shoes are recommended
- Everyone receives 1,000yen discount in the courtesy of the Nagano Prefectural Government to attract more tourists in the area.
- Final details will be sent to the participants by email two days before the event.