An amazing autumn adventure for all ages!
This Trip Features;
- Takayama Autumn Festival; one of the three most beautiful festivals in Japan
- See "Display of Festival Floats", "Karakuri Performance" and "Mikoshi Procession"
- Sake (Japanese wine) Brewery Tour; will visit 2-3 sake breweries if time permits
- Norikura Kogen; lots of attractive nature walking trails and one of the best places to see autumn colors
- See "Sanbondaki Waterfalls", Zengoro Waterfalls" and "Ushidome Pond"
- Guided hike up Norikuradake with breathtaking views (Optional)
- Wine tasting and/or onsen on the way back to Tokyo
The Takayama Festival is a very popular event, visited by several hundred thousand people from across Japan and the world. It gets especially crowded if one or both festival days fall on a weekend or national holiday.
Norikura Kogen highlands at its base provide ample of scenic spots with beautiful mountain vistas, lush forests, cascading waterfalls and attractive hiking trails. Due to its high elevation, Norikuradake is one of the first places in Japan to see autumn colors. The alpine plants usually begin to change around mid to late September in the higher elevations, and the season lasts into October as the colors make their way down.
Japanese culture and beauty of nature at it's best! Don't miss out!!!