Let's explore famous places in and around two Mt. Fuji Lakes and see beautiful cherry blossoms and picture perfect views of Mt. Fuji!
This Trip Features;
- Arakurayama Sengen Park Sakura Festival - a 15min walk passing some beautiful sakura trees along the many stairs leading to the Chureito Pagoda. This is the place you can get the best and most photogenic view of Mt. Fuji with it's iconic snow capped peak with the Pagoda and gorgeous cherry blossoms in the background. Absolutely jaw dropping on a clear day!
- Kawaguchiko Sakura Festival - along the northern coast of Kawaguchiko Lake, you can enjoy fantastic view of Mt.Fuji and about 200 Someiyoshino cherry trees lined up about 1km along the lake. You can also enjoy food and drinks at the festival.
- Iyashinosato Village - after taking some pictures of the beautiful Saiko Lake, we will visit the Iyashinosato Village; a mixture between open air museum and craft village built in the style of a traditional village with thatched roof farmhouses.
- Aokigahara Jukai Forest; better known as the 'Suicide Forest' or Sea of Trees, is a forest thriving on 30 square kilometers of hardened lava laid down by the last major eruption of Mt. Fuji in 864 AD. Sad facts, Jukai Forest is one of the most popular suicide destinations in the world so walking through the thick forest on it's beautiful nature trail can be spooky.
- Narusawa Hyoketsu Ice Cave; a designated 'Natural Monument'. It is a 153m long lava cave with an air hole in a vertical circular shape, created after the outpouring of lava, and located in Aokigahara Jukai. There are ice pillars inside all year round. Walk around the circular cave, enjoying its various expressions.
- Akafuji Wine Cellar; Local wine cellar where we can taste (for free) and buy some local wines (time permitting).
A blockbuster Spring adventure day trip for all ages!